Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lafene Health Tips


Before I left on my trip, I made an appointment at Lafene Health Center to check to see which immunizations I would need to receive. Although it varies by the specific region you are traveling to in Argentina and Chile, it is important to understand all of the risks ahead of time. I was able to get a list of all of the vaccines I would need and also the danger zones for severe illnesses and diseases. I had the contact information for the hospitals in case of an emergency. It is free to make an appointment and Lafene typically has everything you need to go on your trip. It is suggested that you make an appointment at least a few months before your travels because many of the vaccines require you to get multiple doses.

The area I was traveling to didn’t have a risk for malaria and yellow fever, but I decided to get the vaccine for typoid, the flu, a tetanus shot, and hepatitis A and B. The doctors are very helpful and made sure I understood all of my options and symptoms before beginning. Also, check with your insurance company to see if they will cover your vaccines. Visit http://www.k-state.edu/lafene/allerimmun.htm for more information or to make your appointment today!

No comments:

Post a Comment